Friday, June 26, 2009

Reading Past Blogs!!

Boy did I have a deep day yesterday!!

You can truly see your mindset/moodiness/surroundings/craziness/humbleness (if that's a word), repeativeness, etc.......when you read your past blogs!!!

My main goal for blogging as I say on my title is to record my progress and drawbacks....so it can help me "see" .....It is serving this purpose! Sometimes when I read them I do feel like "Sybil"!

I notice that I blog about things I read alot. I also make physical notes about them in my recovery books, and written journals, etc. They give me inspiration. They give me strong feelings that I don't want to just pass by. I write them because I do want to remember what they meant to me at the time and who knows...maybe they can help others too....
(Being the philosopher that I am!!! Really..... Codependent (with a capital "C", always wanting to help others!)

When I comment on blogs I relate to others what parts of what they said makes me feel included. Makes me warrant my feelings......It also feels like this when people comment on my blogs.....Thank you!

I do want to say how in awe I am on a daily basis reading peoples blogs and what a way they have with words and perception. My preconceived notion of alcoholic families was always what they were shown in movies.....bums...(except me of course!!) When I hear others in meetings and I read your words...I am envious!!! You are all brilliant!!

I know like the rest of you that have dealt with alcoholism for a very long time....we are also Patient, Loving, Kind, Creative.......and all the other words that mean GREAT!!

4 comments:

Syd said...

When I go back and read my past posts, I can see how early in recovery I was. I feel as if I have made some progress. At least, I'm not as consumed by the alcoholic as I was at one time.

Wait. What? said...

Like Syd I can gauge where I was at in recovery... it also helps me to see how far I have come.

Gin said...

I loved this post. It made me feel special and a part of something greater than I. We really are like one big family aren't we?

Patrick said...

I like to go back and read some of my old posts on occasion, it reminds me of the where I was when I started this journey. It is a good exercise.