Saturday, April 25, 2009

Poof! Out the window!!

There goes my hope. The one I always hope for when he's not drinking. The one where I think one day he will get it. He will realize his drinking is destroying his life and ours. He has a few days of sobriety and then I come in the house and see a beer/drink in his hand and Poof! My hope out the window!

I wonder, will I ever be at that place where watching him drink does not turn my stomach. Will I ever be healed enough that I just don't care anymore and it's not in me to hate him, loathe him/the drinking/alcohol period!!

I really don't think so, but I do know a few things I can do. I can go to meetings, I can do my homework (my sponsor has me answering questions about step one), I can ask God for some help. If anyone out there has any other suggestions for me to help "me" I would love some wisdom.

No comments: