Wednesday, April 22, 2009

First Blog

I am really looking forward to this!! This will help me feel, yell, share, love!! This will help me measure my progress, which I am hopeful will be the beginning of my new life for myself. I understand that "my life" is what I make of it........
I am done with blame. I am ready.

Just a one time bit of information about me.
I have been married for 20 years. I really don't know what to say about that right now. I am a bit resentful about that. Not only with him, but mainly with myself. I have been a codependent to an alcoholic for a very long time. He has been/is a workaholic for even longer which makes him not be able to share any part of himself with me that I have been forever longing for. I am waving the white flag!!

Kids - I have two. One that I just lost to college....a girl, true drama queen. Her and I are so much alike it's scary!! (She is so codependent that my codependent ways want to fix her!! UGH!) and another....boy.....who is just reaching his preteen ways with girls and zits!! I am in that love him bunches/hate him stage!! BTW - love my kids and I can honestly say to myself that I am/have been the best mother I can be, they just drive me crazy sometimes.

I have been going back to Al-Anon for myself for about a month which has been making me stronger and happier. It is also giving me a new frame of mind. I am trying to keep the concentration on "Me". This is very hard to do when you have been involved with the alcoholic for a long time. This blog is to help me get from "My" addiction!!

This blog is also to talk to "anyone" to just be able to talk.........to find my voice again!! I have let life shut me down!!

1 comment:

Wait. What? said...

I am so glad to hear you are taking care of yourself - this is the first step and Al anon helps as well.

I am so glad you stopped by my blog today - its nice for me to see others who come from the same place as I do.

I am here, I hear you.